I have ADPD – Attention Deficit Project Disorder

A hundred project ideas but never enough time or focus to do them all.

After finishing the slipper commission, I worked on my second (and final for the moment) commission: Dice bags for a game called Quarriors. There are 46 little bags and one big bag to hold them all for a total of 47 bags.

QuarriorsBags

I swore so much while making them, but I did come up with an interesting pattern for drawstring bags. I also worked out a really good assembly line for them after a while. All of the labels I made with my embroidery machine – each bag as a label on each side. The drawstring was the part that really tripped me up. I eventually just used cotton yarn; single strand for the small bags and three strands braided for the big bag.

I’ve been working on designing more patches. There are several I haven’t quite tested out yet, but I worked up a couple of them. I’ve got a Mog and Chocobo from Final Fantasy, the end of Link’s scarf from Hyrule Warriors, Nyan Cat, a Valknut, and interlocked Triquetra, and Tui and La from Avatar the Last Airbender.

Koh: "Tui and La, your Moon and Ocean, have always circled each other in an eternal dance. They balance each other... push and pull... life and death... good and evil... yin... and yang."
Koh: “Tui and La, your Moon and Ocean, have always circled each other in an eternal dance. They balance each other… push and pull… life and death… good and evil… yin… and yang.”

I made myself a light box out of foam board so I could take pictures of projects to list on Etsy. I’m still working on getting the lighting down for patches, something that’s really starting to frustrate me. I’m thinking I need to find different light bulbs to get a more ‘natural’ light (like the sun), rather than the ‘cool & soothing’ ones I have now.

Seriously. The light bulbs were labeled ‘cool and soothing.’ It worries me.

My set up for the light box - mess included. Obviously my camera isn't on the little tripod because it's in my hand.
My set up for the light box – mess included. Obviously my camera isn’t on the little tripod because it’s in my hand.

Earlier in October I did a massive clean and reorganization of the gaming/craft room. We got a sturdy shelf for my husband to put all of his Magic: The Gathering and Warhammer stuff on, got rid of an old computer cabinet that had been holding the Magic cards, moved the GM table over to that wall so I could use it as a sewing/craft table (the above picture), and I build myself an ironing table.

We needed some sort of table there so the GM had a place to hold stuff. I looked everywhere for something a) inexpensive and b) large enough to have storage underneath. I found absolutely nothing so I decided to just build my own.

SAM_0100

I got two of those storage cubes meant for closets and connected them together. Then I cut down a piece of MDF board (sawing off the corners too because otherwise someone was going to catch themselves), covered it with batting, ironing board fabric, and then normal fabric. I should have gotten something other than checkered fabric. Because of how I stretched it when I was stapling it down, the lines aren’t quite straight. It’s a little ‘trippy’ to look at it when it’s cleaned off.

It’s completely full of yarn and other projects now, and the back half against the wall has my cutting mat and basket of sewing/embroidery stuff (that might have been meant to be a picnic basket?).

I really like the crocheted topped towels so I can hang them from my oven. If they aren’t attached, they fall to the floor very quickly (ahh, children). My grandma made me a bunch, but I wanted some that matched my kitchen a bit better. I couldn’t really find a pattern, so I just winged it. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would! I’m eager to make some more now.

I used cotton yarn because I like how it wears over time better than acrylic yarn does.
I used cotton yarn because I like how it wears over time better than acrylic yarn does.

While chatting on Saturday, I got a crazy idea for a Sakura (Cherry) Blossom afghan (because I ‘need’ to be working on 5 afghans at once it seems). I couldn’t find a pattern, so I figured out how others did something similar and wrote my own. It took a bit of ripping out stitches, but I really like what I finally came up with. The colors are mailable at this point; I mad some meant to be coasters out of cotton yarn with different border colors to see what I like best (which is the green one).

The left one is attempt one. The right one is attempt two and the one I'm going with.
The left one is attempt one. The right one is attempt two and the one I’m going with.

SAM_0145

I’ve also been working on tarot bags and a scroodie (scarf with a hood) with reflective yarn for someone.

All the projects!

64068801b881d36bed225fb83ad5f289

One thought on “I have ADPD – Attention Deficit Project Disorder

Comments are closed.